Sunday, June 25, 2006

New job, Socks That Rock, and garden pictures...

Don't you just love it when you get a job interview on Thursday, and get a call on Friday to start work on Monday? Yes, it did happen to me! I was hoping to get a week off to get a few things done, such as changing to my summer tires (yes, I do know it's almost July soon). At least I know I can look back, and not regret what I've done with my time off. I went to St Louis to see Cinder, the hairless chimpanzee, I went to Dominican Republic, did plenty of knitting, and started this blog (which I intend on still updating, even when I'll be busy, just not at the same pace), visited historic houses in the city, went to museums when it's not busy and truly took my time to appreciate the artwork, read books I had started but never finished. Yup, I'm ready for this new challenge!

This week, I almost finished knitting a pair of socks with my Socks That Rock yarn. This yarn knits up real well, and almost has a stretch to it, once knitted. I think these will go to my sister for Christmas, as she hinted she really likes this yarn. I might also buy her a few skeins, but with two kids, she has less time than I do to knit, or crochet ( we learned to crochet, and knit at the same time when we were kids, but I always preferred knitting).



Leaving you with a few pics that were taken in the Yo-Yo Ma Bach Music Garden around Harbourfront. I love walking around there. It almost makes you forget you're in the middle of the city...


4 comments:

elisabetha said...

That garden is one of my favourite spots in Toronto! I shall have to revisit it soon. My drawing wasn't inspired there but it might as well be. Congratulations on the new job! Hopefully you'll still have some time left to knit and relax.

Knit Picking said...

Thanks Elisabetha! I will make sure I make time for knitting, relaxing, and my blog.

Jason said...

Wow! The stitches on the sock are so neat! Beautiful! :-)

How is the new job so far?

Knit Picking said...

Neat? My stitches? Well thank you, thank you very much ;)

The job is going real well. I love it! The good thing about this company is that it's quite large and there's minute chances of a buy-out. I've gone through three mergers, and quite frankly I could do without another one, thank you ;)