Thursday, March 16, 2006

First things first...

Okay, so here's the deal. I have been unemployed since the end of January, and OMG I love it! I have time to finish those projects that were tossed in the closet out of frustration (too stressed to attempt this one!), or lack of time. I've been working at my own creations (shrug, socks, mittens). I even decided that this year is the year of the "Knitted Christmas". Yup, everybody's getting knitted goodies in their stocking (or a knitted stocking), whether they like it or not. Actually, I don't know anybody who doesn't like receiving handknitted things, except my mother-in-law who always find faults in them (but that's a story to keep for days I have nothing better to share). She might mysteriously end up on the "naughty list"

I am currently knitting a pair of cabled socks (my own creation) with Country Garden D.K. by Berella. It's 100% Merino wool, and burgundy. I really like them, and am considering keeping them for myself (so much for the Christmas spirit huh?). It would match nicely with a pajama I have. Yes, I confess, I need to have a matching pair of socks for each pajama I have. Silly, I know, but at least harmless.

No comments: