Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Courtney House




The alpacas weren't the only birthday surprise my husband had for me. He also made arrangements to stay at the Courtney House, a lovely B & B in Brantford. Marly was the most welcoming hostess you could imagine, and so was her poodle, Chelsea (sorry about the eyes). And she's a knitter too! She's currently knitting a lovely baby sweater in Debbie Bliss.



The Edwardian house is full of antique furniture, and every inch is decorated with Marly's exquisite taste. She doesn't miss an occasion to make you feel welcome. When we arrived, I was still freezing from being outside, and she offered me a warming pillow stuffed with hot corn (I didn't know that dried corn can stay hot that long). She also baked a wonderful dutch chocolate cake, and shared her recipe. She shared a few more recipes too. How generous! Most people I know ferociously guard their recipes. Her recipes are also health conscious, and quite tasty (I could have another scones right now). But the best yet, is that because I wasn't feeling well, she offered to make me chicken soup. Now that's treating you like family! I mean you don't get that from a hotel! Althought I was really tempted, I couldn't take advantage of the nice lady, and politely refused... but I sure will come back if we go around Brantford again!

2 comments:

Charles said...

How sweet of your husband did!!!

Barlie said...

je t'ai reconnu ma couz... wow j'en ai pas eu des bas de laine moi ...j'aime ça aussi ...bonne fête en retard ...