Friday, March 02, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

There is no way I was going to let a storm ruin my birthday plans. So what if there's slush, tree debris, and downed power lines all over the city! My plan was to take a day off work, and have a relaxing day of yarn shopping, and that's just what I did...

I started the day by sleeping in until 9:30am (for me that's real late). Then I had a cup of mocha coffee with a scoop of Godiva hot chocolate mix, and Irish cream. D-lightful!

Then it was on to Romni Wools, where I spent lots of time going through piles, and piles of yarn. And when I say piles, I mean stacked to the ceiling! You could get lost in that place. I don't know how they can keep up with their inventory, they got so much yarn. Oh and their bargain basement!I spent at least a half hour just in the basement. So here's the damage (pics in a later post): 3 balls of Phildar Auteuil in "Iris", 2 balls of Smart Superwash, and 3 balls of Patons Soy Wool Stripes in "Natural Navy". And to top it off, a parking ticket! Everytime I went there by car, I had a parking ticket. From now on, I'm taking public transit to go to Romni.

I wasn't going to let that ticket ruin my day, and went on to my next stop: Lettuce Knit. By that time I was starving, and these didn't help: Aren't they just delightful? I just love the packaging, and I must admit sushi was quite tempting at that time of the day. I knew I couldn't get anything hot around the shop area, since the power was down around most of the Kensington Market area. And the damage there: 2 skeins of Misti Cotton, 1 skein of Jitterbug in "Castagna", and the plat de resistance, 2 skeins of Sweet Georgia "Angel" and 2 of "Libertine".

Leaving you with more eye candy from Lettuce Knit, which I'm sure Michelle will appreciate (considering she couldn't visit last time she was in Toronto)...





Oh and yes I had sushi for lunch a bit later....

2 comments:

elisabetha said...

Happy birthday!! what a good way to spend a birthday indeed. I've never been to Lettuce Knit - those packages do look adorable!
i had sushi last night too ;)

Miki said...

Ok, Ok, I am totally jealous about the visait to Lettuce Knit. However, that was an awesome way to spend your birthday, yarn hopping and Alpacas!
Here's to next year, maybe we'll do it together,Michelle