Thursday, December 27, 2007

Kniterly gifts...

Santa was wery busy this year, and he didn't have time to go to both Lettuce Knit , and Romni Wools. to do his Christmas shopping. Mind you, he got me a 22" flat screen monitor, so I forgave him. Also Romni Wools had a great boxing day sale, which I'll get to later on. So Santa got me four balls of Noro Silk Garden, a cute little sheep (so soft), and The Knitter's Book of Yarns by Clara Parks. The book is amazing. It discusses everything about yarn: fiber types, processes from shearing the sheep to your lys, knitting techniques, and of course it has patterns.

While we were at my sister's for the past few days, I knitted a few scarves for my nieces' Webkinz, despite the fact that they got plenty of clothes for Christmas. Also, to the anonymous reader who asked about the Webkinz sweater pattern, I will post it but I never wrote patterns before, so please bear with me.
Romni Wools had a 25% off on everything at regular price(sorry you're missing out on it, Elizabetha) for Dec. 27th only. Let me tell you that the store was packed! For 80$ I got three balls of SWS in Natural Denim and three in Natural Plum, and three balls of Wisdom Yarns Poem colour 571(a grey to black gradient), and another three balls in 534 (denim gradient). Not a bad deal at all! And just in case you wonder what I'm planning with these: it could be a cold winter this year, so I'm making scarves.

Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

Charles said...

Hey Knitpicking~~~

I hope your having a great time on your NEW YEARS day!
Hope eveythings goes will and big luck wish your best~~

Also visit my blog...I made a post about preview of new knitting book 2008!

love,
Charles