Sunday, July 09, 2006

Great buys day


Yesterday was a great stash enhancement day. I went to Romni Wools for their summer sale, and found a basement full of bargains. I bought enough DGB Confetti yarn (at $3.75 a ball) to make five pairs of socks. My husband wasted no time pointing out the colours he prefers, should I be tempted to knit him a pair or two.



I also bought a wool winder and a reeling machine. I had been envious of Kenny's since he blogged about it (June 02 entry) , and I have been purchasing a lot of skeins in the past few months. This will certainly come in handy. I also bought a book of traditional lace shawls. I may have found a project (not too complicated) in there to use Charles yarn.

Late last night, I also finished the second Socks That Rock pair of socks. The left sock is with Seal Rock colour, and the right sock is in Carbon Dated. I really like knitting this yarn, and I like the colours as well. I only wish the colourways would not make stripe patterns, and the colours would be spread all over the sock.

No comments: